Sunday, January 11, 2009

New York

I made it to New York for the first time in my life over New Years. Part of me wants to move there. It was an amazing trip filled with great friends, tasty food, and jumping pictures. New York is totally different than Utah, some good differences and some not so good.

After landing I took a bus towards the subway, because this is the cheapest form of transportation. Once the bus was filled to capacity it left the airport. When I got on there was only standing room, therefore I was on my feet the first little bit. Even though the bus was full, it stopped to let more people on at each bus stop. I got a seat after a while. My seat was next to an older gentleman. My phone rang, well vibrated and since my leg was basically on the guys leg I apologized for the inconvenience. His reply was, "do you have a gun?" I assured him I left my "heat" at home. A while later and after a subway ride I met up with a friend.

Some of the highlights of the trip are as follows. New Years Eve was spent in Central Park and ended at Richard and Ben's place. At C.P. we watched an amazing firework show. It reminded me of when friends and I watched the stadium of fire on top of the Riviera because we were so close I could feel the explosion of the fireworks in my chest. Such a good feeling.

One night, Xaque, Linduh and I got oh-so yummy pizza and walked the Brooklyn Bridge. We waited for an hour or so to be seated, and the waiting was done outside where it was not warm at all. So worth it though. The old guy that was running the place was very efficient and cracked me up. An example of his funniness is when a group of six ordered three desserts. He told them they had to order six since that's how many people there were in their party. He said this totally straight faced and serious. After a pause of 15 seconds or so he said he would bring three.

I got to go see the Museum of Modern Art...for FREE (thanks Richard). I now want to blow up a picture I took huge to put on my wall, which I plan on doing soon. I also went to Coney Island and ate at Nathans. That was one tasty treat. After eating we headed to the pier and just in time cause the sun was setting. Baywatch was recreated so we could make it in time to photograph the prettiness.

I also bought four pairs of shoes and a pair of boots for 75 bucks and an 8 gig compact flash for a few bucks after rebate. Thanks Xaque for finding such good deals.









2 comments:

Ajax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ajax said...

Dude, I don't even like pizza, but that Brooklyn Bridge pizza was freakin' amazing. And so was the old guy.