
I just watched American Hardcore, a documentary on hardcore punk in the early 80s. It was very interesting and educational. One thing I learned was that cops would stop shows and beat kids until they were on the ground, then continue doing so as they lay there with no resistance. It's amazing to me that people will say the white man is trying to keep them in check and that white people are racist. Sure some are, but I think it's not about color, so much, as it is about being different. People in general, no matter what color, have a hard time accepting things and people that are different. I would also like to bring up the point that the push for diversity is out of control to the point of being ridiculous. Instead of dwelling on differences and trying to accommodate every little group we should try to get along as brothers and sisters (religiously speaking).
I also found a new love for Minor Threat. They have a song titled "Guilty of Being White". It's about anti-racism. How people think just because you are white that you are some evil person that hates other races. Just because some white person in the past had a slave doesn't mean that I think the same. Racism is stupid and we really need to work on becoming one nation under God, not a nation divided into diverse groups that only want to better that certain group. We need to accept people for who they are, as long as they can follow the law and whatnot. Diversity is good, but unity is much more important.
I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born
Guilty of being white
I'm a convict
Of a racist crime
I've only served
19 years of my time
Guilty of being white
1 comment:
thank you.
Post a Comment